Thinking Food Safety is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or entering into a contract with us, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Thinking Food Safety may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page before providing us information to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was updated on 12-5-18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information from you when you employ our services:
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as address, postcode and IP address.
- additional business information.
- health information in respect of that which may help in delivery of the contracted service such as learning difficulties for candidates on training courses.
- other information relevant to the contracted service, customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with your information and why
We require this information to undertake the contracted work, understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for tax and other legal purposes.
- To communicate with you for the purpose of the service you have enquired about.
- Relevant details of candidates undertaking our training such as name, email address, and or postal address in order to communicate with the candidate for the purpose of the training, printing and delivery of the certification.
- In some circumstances information on health to make reasonable adjustments for the delivery of the course for your candidates (such as learning, access, and visual needs).
- Storage of company details which may include individuals names and company position; for example as part of the HACCP documentation, and information from audits carried out for you under the contracted service.
- Payment and delivery details for the processing of the sale of a product or service.
- Only where explicit consent is given shall the information be used for the marketing of our products and services to you. This normally takes the form of a monthly email newsletter.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you about the service we have undertaken for you. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
Who we may need to share your data with
We will only share your data when necessary as part of the service we are providing, in particular:
- With the accreditation body / organisation for the qualifications we deliver (CIEH, RSPH, Video Tile).
- Name and address information to the courier company for purposes of delivery of physical purchases.
- Purchases from third party sales platforms such as Ebay are entered into by yourselves and subject to their privacy policies.
- With a third party such as your local authority, or a subcontractor as part of a specific service we are undertaking for you.
How long do we keep your data for
We will keep your data for a maximum of 7 years after the duration of the contract / service being undertaken or until a request to restrict or erase the data is made by the data subject. Sensitive information such as health or payment details will not be stored by us after use. The storage of data is necessary to provide follow up services to you, for example updating of a HACCP plan we have developed for you, or a copy of your training certificate. We will also remind you of when the certificate needs renewing. You may obtain this data, including a copy of your certificate without charge. Data will be appropriately backed up.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect, including backup of the data.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want the information to be used by by us for marketing.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under The General Data Protection Regulation 2016. No fee is payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the data controller for Thinking Food Safety, Kevin Mills, at 35 Progress Road, Leigh on Sea, Essex, SS9 5PR or email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.